I’m a week into using Arch, and I have to say that I like it more than any other distribution that I’ve tinkered with. Granted I’ve had a few headaches so far – such as the weird error I mentioned in this post – which amusingly enough is the post under this one. However there is yet another quirk that’s popped up…
I think I’m going to have to have to check the Arch Wiki or manual page for nano to see what’s going on. I don’t think the manual page would have anything insightful to offer – but it might – I mean that’s why those pages are there. For reference and/or troubleshooting.
it’s not system breaking. I hope. I’m pretty sure after the shutdowns/power-ons that I’ve done since I installed Arch, they would have spat something out about it being system breaking. It’s just the quirks of Arch I suppose popping up when they do.
Thank goodness none of the updates that I’ve done have broken the system either, however there’s only one gripe that I have so far. It’s the Deepin Desktop Environment (DDE) Wiki is either all in Chinese or the pages that I checked were in Chinese. At least with GNOME I didn’t have to worry about the pages being Chinese.
However, I’m not going to reinstall GNOME – there was too much of a headache involved there when I went that route the first time – when my buddy Draconis walked me through that process.
I mean, I might try it again at some point or another, but for now DDE is treating me nice and doesn’t eat much RAM. With a browser open, I’m sitting at ~1300 MiB (1 gig and change) used, but overall I can’t complain when the computer has 4 gig total of RAM. I guess I can’t really complain though, since this thing is a damned netbook.